Revenants of Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other games inspiration

2 posters

Go down

Other games inspiration Empty Other games inspiration

Post  punkypie Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 pm

Other games inspiration
punkypie
punkypie

Back to top Go down

Other games inspiration Empty Re: Other games inspiration

Post  NyanMaster Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Well I know we're heavily looking at classic platformers like Sonic and Mario for inspiration

Ex.
-How RD is going to be able to use a homing attack later on
-100 coins = Getting one more life. (But in this game it's apples)
-Having no rings and getting hit causes death just as having nothing in the dash gauge and getting hit equals death
-Getting to a flag and that being a checkpoint = Getting to an apple tree
-Etc.

But there is plenty more platformers we can look at for inspiration or ideas but we can't just look at platformers, we also have to look at Rpgs because this game has a much deeper story than just "Rescue the Princess from Bowser" or "Stop Dr. Eggman from ruling the world" it's a "Omfg all my friends have been imprisoned and to stop the evil that's controlling the princess I have to free them first and retrieve every single element of harmony that have been scattered all across Equestria, but while doing that I'll need to make some new friends and learn new attacks/abilities and fight enemy after enemy honing my skills till the time is right and defeat the evil while saving princess reverie's world and my own" kind of story.

Though there is no leveling system as far as I know so it can't be that much of an rpg but you still would get more interaction with npc's and a shop system still in the works part of the rpg genre as well as an intense storyline that is usually found in an rpg.
NyanMaster
NyanMaster

http://nyanmaster.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  punkypie Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:54 pm

for me the gameplay and the freedom of marioland 2 and warioland 3 are perfect, for the stages will be sonic advance 2, this kind of stages fit with our speed gameplay
punkypie
punkypie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum