Revenants of Chaos
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

easter eggs ideas

5 posters

Go down

easter eggs ideas Empty easter eggs ideas

Post  punkypie Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:16 pm

easter eggs ideas
punkypie
punkypie

Back to top Go down

easter eggs ideas Empty Re: easter eggs ideas

Post  NyanMaster Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 pm

I think it'll be fun to reference other pony games in the making, like even if it's not a really big shout out it's a way to acknowledge them like "We see your game, it's awesome, keep up the good work"

Also we can reference games that were used for inspiration of this one though we can't directly mention them cause perhaps copyright might get involved and crap

Another easter egg I know of is the involvement of our own OCs, though whether the player is aware of this or not we dunno. Unless we do something like what pokemon did where in the game while talking to an NPC they directly went and said something like "I'm the artist, I drew you!" Lol

NyanMaster
NyanMaster

http://nyanmaster.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Calecune Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:31 am

I still think subtle refs to other brony artists and such would be nice. Like a graveyard scene with Living Tombstones or a bakery scene with wooden Toasters... if you catch what i mean.
Calecune
Calecune

Back to top Go down

Post  NyanMaster Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Ha I see what you did there and there is plenty of others you can also include then

And don't forget bronies who are actual artists (Of the art variety) Like Solar, JJ, latecustomer, KP-shadowsquirrel, Pixel Kitties, Magnastorm (Plushies are art), etc. (Just a few of my fave artists that are well known in the community)

Also another question/idea but not sure if it's possible, would we be able to make shout outs to people who are directly involved with the show? Like not with their names but maybe their OCs if they have one? (Not sure cause might bring copyright infringement and we don't want to take chances)
NyanMaster
NyanMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Calecune Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:12 am

NyanMaster wrote:Ha I see what you did there and there is plenty of others you can also include then

And don't forget bronies who are actual artists (Of the art variety) Like Solar, JJ, latecustomer, KP-shadowsquirrel, Pixel Kitties, Magnastorm (Plushies are art), etc. (Just a few of my fave artists that are well known in the community)

Also another question/idea but not sure if it's possible, would we be able to make shout outs to people who are directly involved with the show? Like not with their names but maybe their OCs if they have one? (Not sure cause might bring copyright infringement and we don't want to take chances)

Don't forget John Joseco.
Calecune
Calecune

Back to top Go down

Post  NyanMaster Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:12 am

Calecune wrote:
NyanMaster wrote:Ha I see what you did there and there is plenty of others you can also include then

I didn't lol
NyanMaster
NyanMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Calecune Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 am

NyanMaster wrote:
Calecune wrote:

I didn't lol

I didn't notice.... lol.
Calecune
Calecune

Back to top Go down

Post  Calecune Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:24 pm

I GOT ONE... since the "king RamSes" is a Courage the Cowardly Dog reference... how about a random side mission that can only be activated in a special way? Anyone remember the Duck Brothers episode of courage? How about a mission that when activated, brings the 2 Duck Brothers down and have them ask RD to find they're missing brother? I dunno im just throwing out ideas.
Calecune
Calecune

Back to top Go down

Post  Okamikurainya Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 am

For the Luna boss battle, I think mixing in the tune for Luna by Eurobeat Brony would be a nice tribute. Also the Fields of Chaos scream having some of his Discord theme mixed into the music.
Okamikurainya
Okamikurainya
Admin

https://project-dash.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  punkypie Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:35 pm

I personaly don't think is a good idea making references to other bronies, this fandom have lots of bronies that deserve have his own reference but we can't do all, really, and this is unfair to the others, on the other side i think is goof making references to other brony projects
punkypie
punkypie

Back to top Go down

Post  NyanMaster Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Well of course we can't give a shout out to EVERY single brony out there, just thought it might be fun because there is like more known bronies/celebrities in our fandom so when the player is playing they could maybe see this and be like "OH I know him/her too!"

And yeah just small acknowledgements

Ex 1.
After speaking with Twilight initially in the beginning tutorial and finishing her tests she could read a book, when you talk to her she doesn't acknowledge you so you look at the cover and it will say "Investigation for dummies/eggheads" (My little investigation reference)

Ex 2.
Maybe one of the cutie mark crusaders mentions something like "This weekend we're going to great our cutiemarks by becoming masters at fighting!" RD may or may not be concerned for the safety of their well being lol (Fighting is Magic)

Etc. Those are two games that have the biggest hype and attention in the fandom (And who can blame them? They look fucking amazing!)
NyanMaster
NyanMaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Marioland Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm

Nyan has the point here. If they were to add in a reference to every single brony (all 7-12.5 MILLION of them), they'd be so overloaded with references that almost everything would have to be a reference to someone. The popular ones though (like Mandopony or the up and rising Feather) are pretty easy to reference in some small way, even if it's just something tiny. Even the show makes references, so why should they stop it here?

Marioland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down